Canine Good Neighbour
The Canine Good Neighbour Program is a 12-step test, that when completed successfully, will ensure that one of our most favoured companions, the dog, is accepted as a valued member of our communities right across the country. Canine Good Neighbours can be counted on to present good manners at home, in public places and in the presence of other dogs.
The test is non-competitive and allows dog and handler to demonstrate confidence and control in 12 steps. It assesses the handler and dog’s relationship, together with the handler’s ability to control the dog. Dogs are evaluated on their ability to perform basic exercises as well as their ability to demonstrate good manners in everyday situations.
You and Your Dog Must Complete these 12 Steps
- 1. Accepting a Friendly Stranger
- 2. Politely Accepts Petting
- 3. Appearance and Grooming
- 4. Out For a Walk
- 5. Walking Through a Crowd
- 6. Sit/Down On Command and Stay In Place
- 7. Come When Called
- 8. Praise/Interaction
- 9. Reaction to a Passing Dog
- 10. Reaction to Distractions
- 11. Supervised Isolation
- 12. Walking Through a Door/Gate
Costs for this program as Canadian Kennel Club approved $25 and once completed a certificate will be awarded. Please register at the event.